Author Topic: Meltdown v2.7.0.2300 Final  (Read 194138 times)

Offline keen

• Aliens ate my babysitter!
  • Root Admin
  • Radiant Overlord
    • Radiant Age
Meltdown v2.7.0.2300 Final
« on: April 05, 2010, 10:14:47 PM »
Changes from Meltdown v2.6.1.2278 to v2.7.0.2300 Final

(yes, this time I mean final, save TribesNext release candidate patching)

Complete changes:
* Vehicle and Mech huds have been replaced with minimalist versions due to T2 netcode limitations
* Blastech changes: Energy gained per kill increased to 10% (300kw)
* Mech Minigun changes: Rate of Fire doubled again, damage reduced to half for a net change of 0 DPS
* Fixed bug: Mega Blaster was using the wrong amount of energy to fire
* Fixed bug: Targeting Laser was not working with Mortar Artillery mode (Mode 4)
* Targeting Laser changes: Pressing the Beacon key while shooting the targeting laser will create a ranged beacon target at the location for 60 seconds
* Juggernaut CSL changes: Shot cooldown reduced to 0.5 seconds
* Fixed bug: Sky fog bug that some maps trigger (storm fog) is now removed properly
* Power Tap armor for vehicles has been removed
* Turret Base 1-minute deploy timer reinstated
* Deploy range overhaul, several objects will have new deploy ranges based on in-map spawnspheres
* Energy Projector Cannon changes: Range increased to 500m, any damaged caused past 200m will be subject to reduced damage down to 0%
* Particle Beam Weapon (PBW) changes: Range increased to 300m, any damaged caused past 200m will be subject to reduced damage down to 0%
* Deployable Motion Sensor changes: Range increased 300%
* Deployable Pulse Sensor changes: Range increased 300%
* Shrike changes: Added a second seat with a dual KM+ AA gunner turret on the underbelly
* Fixed bug: Valkyrie Meteor plasma range restored back to it's original setting
* Explosions that fragment the player should now respect their original velocity
* Anti-baserape has been extended to cover Large Inventory Stations, and will be in effect for 3 minutes after the mission start regardless of player count, if you can't set up a basic defense, then you deserve to get raped
* Fixed bug: Dual Grenade Cannon would lose a barrel when used with Battle Angel heavy armor plating
* Fixed bug: Beacons now work for missile locks and artillery mortars
* Fixed bug: Spike rifle was doing more damage than intended somehow, damage has been lowered to compensate
* Fixed bug: Some vehicle shielding descriptions were incorrect; "Lava shield, removes heat signature if energy > 60%", "200% shield, -50% power recharge rate"
* Fixed bug: SRM4 Pack would sometimes fire 8 missiles
* Meltdown 2 Client support
* Sentry turrets have been implemented, must be placed within 150m of a generator, operates on base power like inventory stations, max 2 + 1 per 8 players
* Mech system changes: Heat generated between 0-100K on the Mech will equate to 0-100% heat required for heat-based locks (Starburst, Missiles, Flak, etc)
* Emancipator Heavy Mech count increased to 2
* Fixed bug: Wildcat no longer has a sticky trigger
* Fixed bug: Energy Rifle properly triggers Mid Air detections
* Shield Beacon changes: Can no longer be deployed on Landspike Turrets
* Fixed bug: Vehicles will now explode when colliding with a Mech
* Fixed bug: /help properly displays all commands at your level if no command for help is given

The Meltdown 2 Client offers these few basic enhancements:
* Vehicle HP/Shield graph
* Mech Heat graph
* Optimized loading for Meltdown 2
* Current selected weapon and mode bandwidth reduction and clientside hook
* Less lag when switching weapons and weapon modes

This should be plenty of information to build off of in terms of additional support for the mod, should anyone choose to.

Deployable Object Ranges
Legend
Flag - How far away from the flag this object must be placed
Base - How far away from the base this object can be placed, base being the area you spawn at
Enemy - How close to the enemy base this object can be placed, overrides Base range

Turret Base
Flag: 4m
Base: 300m
Enemy: 200m

Sentry Turret
Flag: 25m
Base: 150m
Enemy: 300m

Large Inventory Station
Base: None
Enemy: None

Forcefield Array

Deployable Vehicle Pad

Remote Defense Base

Remote Blastech Bunker
Enemy: 150m

Repulsor Beacon
Flag: 20m

Defense+ Device
Base: 100m

Blast Wall

Blast Door

MANTA Ion Cannon
Flag: None

Nuke Silo
Flag: None
Base: 100m

Other deployables do not have limitations.

Download link:
Server: http://radiantage.com/downloads/Meltdown2-2.7.0.2300-42810.rar
Client: http://radiantage.com/downloads/Meltdown2Client.vl2

Client installation:
1: Download Client
2: Copy Meltdown2Client.vl2 to your Tribes2 installation's 'base' folder
3: If there is a 'scripts' folder in the 'base' folder, delete this folder
4: Start up Tribes 2 and play!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 04:56:44 PM by keen »
Founder/President - Radiant Age Computer Services LLC
Creator of the original Meltdown, Meltdown 2, formerly known as DynaBlade

FURB: there should be a discription when you change modes
Floater: i told that to keen, furb
Floater: he is hard-headed

Offline -Nitebot-

• Admin
  • Radiant
Re: Meltdown v2.7.0.2300 Final
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 10:30:38 PM »
sweet!

okies we all meet back here in 5 years!  ;D j/k
If your strong you live, if your weak you die.
The weak shall become food for the strong, So die and let me feast!

Offline keen

• Root Admin
  • Radiant Overlord
    • Radiant Age
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 10:32:20 PM »
Not for MD2, anyway.

BT}_Destroyer

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 05:17:46 AM »
What? Meltdown 2 Ver2.7.0 Final? :'( but good.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 05:19:52 AM by BT}_Compass »

Offline Demonite10

• Divided Sol Dev
  • Captain
  • "Refuse Average"
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 06:58:40 AM »
There are better things coming. (TM)
What you do today affects what happens to you tomorrow. Will you build your success, or will you just settle for what's going on around you?

[18:47]   <Kotoko>   and get a good pilot to ram you just right

"Am I tough enough to wear pink?"

LLKJH

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 03:23:41 PM »

* Sentry turrets have been implemented, must be placed within 150m of a generator, operates on base power like inventory stations, max 2

Great just what we needed. More auto aim turrets for the no skill players to spam and hide behind. This has to be the worst thing I have seen you add into the game in a long time. This is probably just coming from my hatred of turrets I have had for years. I hat them because they take no skill to use, and it is a computer not a player aiming. As much as I love this mod, if I am going to fight a computer and not a player there are a a lot of better games out there. (same goes for bots)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 03:38:46 PM by LLKJH »

Offline Demonite10

• Divided Sol Dev
  • Captain
  • "Refuse Average"
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 04:37:38 PM »
Great just what we needed. More auto aim turrets for the no skill players to spam and hide behind. This has to be the worst thing I have seen you add into the game in a long time. This is probably just coming from my hatred of turrets I have had for years. I hat them because they take no skill to use, and it is a computer not a player aiming. As much as I love this mod, if I am going to fight a computer and not a player there are a a lot of better games out there. (same goes for bots)

Tribes 1 had turrets. We all survived them. Renegades 1 had turrets. We all survived them. Havoc 1 had turrets. We all survived them. Meltdown 1 had turrets. We all survived them. Tribes 2 had turrets. We all survived them. Meltdown 2 has turrets. See where this is going?

Anyway, there are enough options with your equipment to allow you to take out automated turrets...probably too easily really.
What you do today affects what happens to you tomorrow. Will you build your success, or will you just settle for what's going on around you?

Offline sgt_savage

• Drive by Slapper
  • Lt. Radiant
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 04:41:18 PM »
I think if keen adds more turrets, he should add back the blaster shield transparency for them.

LLKJH

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 04:51:07 PM »
Tribes 1 had turrets. We all survived them. Renegades 1 had turrets. We all survived them. Havoc 1 had turrets. We all survived them. Meltdown 1 had turrets. We all survived them. Tribes 2 had turrets. We all survived them. Meltdown 2 has turrets. See where this is going?

Anyway, there are enough options with your equipment to allow you to take out automated turrets...probably too easily really.

So other versions had turrets? So what? that changes nothing about they take no skill to use to kill people, making my reason to hate them valid. O and just because they were in other versions does not mean that they are an requirement or that they improve the game, not everything a game is a good thing.

And on your part of killing them. Yes it is simple, but I have to go change out my gear to get the stuff to do it. Then to fight people I have to change back or be at a disadvantage. And with some one spamming turrets the full game I get to kill non player turrets rather than fight a player. Plus not to mention all the time it takes to get the stuff and kill the turrets, time that can be used in player controlled fights.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 04:53:16 PM by LLKJH »

Offline Corrosion

• Into the depths
  • Divided Sol Observer
  • Lt. Radiant
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010, 05:22:31 PM »
Nobody uses them anyways.

They don't require a huge change in loadout to kill either if you put more then 10 seconds of thought into your loadouts.  You do need to be a little flexible to matter.

I think this will be kinda neat.

And are you saying fighting players is more important then impeding the enemies defense?

Oh wait everybody's a carebare and are all like "Oh noez someone raped out generator, kick the meanie so we can return to our pointless duels to earn more points because the more points we have the bigger our e-peen will be!"

Proton mode 2...problem fucking SOLVED.
* Corrosion starts ranting something about how everybody hates flag cappers when they are caught up in duels ALL THE TIME...rabble rabble RABBLE
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 05:28:02 PM by Corrosion »
Aboyne (vb.): To beat an expert at a game of skill by playing so appallingly that none of his clever tactics or strategies are of any use to him.

Offline keen

• Root Admin
  • Radiant Overlord
    • Radiant Age
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2010, 06:06:05 PM »
I think if keen adds more turrets, he should add back the blaster shield transparency for them.

Other turrets beside the spider clamp and landspike don't have shield transparency still?

Offline Humans

• Master Radiant
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2010, 06:41:30 PM »
i'm kind of a fan of no more turrets too.  maybe not as hardcore as llkjhtjh though.
Quote from: Corrosion
Magic_Tentacles: times like this make me wish I did have magical tentacles to help people with

Offline sgt_savage

• Drive by Slapper
  • Lt. Radiant
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2010, 06:45:27 PM »
Other turrets beside the spider clamp and landspike don't have shield transparency still?

nope, even with a blaster you still have to break down the shield.

perhaps keen could add votes for things like turrets and vehicles.

Offline Demonite10

• Divided Sol Dev
  • Captain
  • "Refuse Average"
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2010, 07:33:35 PM »
Meltdown 2 is a 31st Century Tactical Combat Modification of Tribes 2. Turrets fit in perfectly, both in futuristic flavor and tactical stoppage of enemies that get by the defending players. Why remove them? They have always been an essential part of the game. Well...maybe up until the point where playing team deathmatch during CTF became the norm. Speaking of, why not petition right now as this very moment to start something more like that?

Offline Humans

• Master Radiant
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2010, 10:58:29 PM »
Meltdown 2 is a 31st Century Tactical Combat Modification of Tribes 2. Turrets fit in perfectly, both in futuristic flavor and tactical stoppage of enemies that get by the defending players. Why remove them? They have always been an essential part of the game. Well...maybe up until the point where playing team deathmatch during CTF became the norm. Speaking of, why not petition right now as this very moment to start something more like that?

Ehh, there is a point where arguing realism in a game like meltdown just goes way downhill.  Too me it has always been about the fun.  Lets do what sounds like the most fun ;p  Getting killed by turrets is FAR less satisfying than a heated battle vs. a real person.
Quote from: Corrosion
Magic_Tentacles: times like this make me wish I did have magical tentacles to help people with